05 September 2008

SEAGULL FIGHT!

Thursday, Sara and I went to Coney Island and Chinatown. It was our last day together and we kept it pretty low key. All of the rides were closed at Coney Island, so we just ate Nathan's hotdogs and sat around on the boardwalk. The best part was when the seagulls were fighting. It was actually kind of scary because they were attacking each other, but still very amusing. It reminded us of Boy Fight from Arrested Development. We went to Chinatown for dinner at a place called Hong Kong Station, which was amazing. It's exactly the way Chinese noodles should be sold. I can't wait to go home to the Bay Area and eat more Chinese food.

Today, I took the train out to Poughkeepsie to visit Kendal. Upon getting here, she gave me a tour of the campus. It's pretty much what I imagined an East Coast college to be like. At night, there were fireworks to celebrate the new freshman class and new school year and Broken Social Scene played. They had an amazing set (but no encore) and the drummer handed me the setlist at the end. Overall, a great start to Vassar.

No comments: